Each state has a different process of buying and selling. It is likely that you will be assisting your clients to acquire property across a range of states and as such you should be aware of the similarities and differences.
In addition to that the process of making an offer, and signing a contract is also different and both you and your client can get into difficulty if this is not clearly understood.
This topic takes an in depth look into the buying process.
By the end of this topic you will be able to:
- Explain the buying and selling process in depth state by state
- Describe the process of making offers on property
- Brainstorm appropriate negotiation tactics that your clients should use
- List the necessary steps towards settlement of property including:
- Choosing a solicitor or conveyancer
- Obtaining the contract
- Paying the deposit
- Cooling off period and special conditions
- Checking plans, measurements and other factors