Taxation issues

You need to be aware that you are not permitted to give any form of taxation advice. The request for advice about any tax affairs, including those relating to property investing, must be referred to a qualified accountant.

This means that you do not need to be a taxation specialist. However, if you have an awareness of the taxation issues involved in property investment, you will be able to guide your clients more appropriately.

The following topics are a brief summary of the types of taxation issues you may come across when assisting your clients to invest in property. It is meant to provide you with information only and to increase your awareness of some important taxation issues.

As we have already noted, unless you are a qualified accountant, you should not be providing taxation advice under any circumstances.