The buying and selling process from the purchaser’s viewpoint involves several stages:
- Successfully negotiating the price and conditions to a point where both the vendor and buyer are prepared to sign and exchange contracts.
- Checking that the agreed price and conditions negotiated are included in the contracts before signing.
- Deciding whether or not to retain a solicitor to offer advice about the contract.
- Paying a deposit.
- Exchanging contracts.
- Receiving and checking all documentation that the vendor is required to provide prior to commencement of the cooling-off period.
- On completion of the cooling-off period, paying the remaining balance of the
- Engaging a conveyancer.
- Ensuring all financial institution documentation is signed well ahead of settlement if finance is required.