Module Two – Legislation and Regulation of Property
This module identifies the different areas of law that interact with property.
Topics covered during this module:-
- Identify relevant sources of regulation
- Impact of regulation on property as an investment
- Historical common law protections
- Consumer protection legislation
- Regulations impacting conduct with clients
- Legislation in relation to property, landlords, and tenants
- Codes of practice
Being able to research, analyse and evaluate the merits of property in light of the regulatory environment is a necessary skill for a property investment adviser.