PIPA Accreditation Program
This program has been developed by PIPA (Property Investment Professionals of Australia) as an industry benchmark of knowledge and skills for individual investors and professionals in industries involved with property investment. The six modules can be done individually or as a complete course to deliver education for anyone wishing to develop and expand their personal knowledge on property investment, or look for a career in property investment advising as a Qualified Property Investment Adviser (QPIA®).
Module 1 provides an overview of the property industry, particularly aspects with which professionals from other industries (such as accounting and financial planning) may not be familiar. In this module, a variety of aspects of the property industry will be discussed. These include basic investing principles, the economy, and its cycles, an overview of the legalities that you need to know as well as regulatory body information and different types of property investments.
A property investment adviser needs to have some understanding of each of these aspects of the industry and be able to access further information about them if needed when advising on specific properties.
* PIPA has developed the PIPA Accreditation Program, Qualified Property Investment Adviser (QPIA®) training which enables the use of the post-nominal QPIA® and logo. To achieve this standard and in order to keep this qualification at a current level, you will be required to:
- successfully complete the PIPA Accreditation Program;
- be able to demonstrate at least 2 years of relative industry experience i.e. real estate & associated services, finance, or mortgage services, etc;
- maintain full membership of PIPA or be gainfully employed by a member company;
- undertake the QPIA® Continuing Professional Development Program; and
- register the QPIA® status with PIPA, renewing annually.
** Please note that the use of the QPIA® post-nominal and logo without complying with the items listed above is not permitted.**