Registered Tax Agent (Accountant)

A registered tax agent, or accountant, is an essential property investment partner.

They can provide advice on structures for setting up your investment purchases, and provide suitable advice around purchasing in a trust or a self-managed super fund (SMSF), as well as help you maximise your tax position.


Solicitors & Lawyers/Property Conveyancers & Settlement Agents

Appropriate legal advice is essential to ensuring a smooth property investment process.

Lawyers and solicitors provide property investors with legal advice and services relative to their investments.

In some states a conveyancer or settlement agent can provide property investors with non-legal services related to the processes of buying and selling property.


Financial Planner

A licensed financial planner provides financial advice and personal financial plans covering many aspects of personal finance.

Depending on the level of engagement you are looking for, a financial planner can work with you to identify your short and long term financial goals and recommend suitable strategies and products to help you achieve those goals.


Mortgage Broker

A mortgage broker is a person or company who sources finance for you from more than one lender.  When it comes to home of investment loans, they are paid a commission from the lender and that commission is not passed on to you as extra costs.